A recipe for a really yummy treat!
50g soft brown sugar
125g softened butter
150g self-raising flour
397g can sweetened condensed milk
125g diced butter
75g soft brown sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
150g milk chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, and spray and line a 7 x 11 inch tin with baking paper. Then in a bowl cream together the butter and sugar for the base. Add the flour and mix till just combined.
- Press the mixture into the tin and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden, then leave to cool.
- Place all the caramel ingredients in to saucepan, and place on a low heat until the butter and sugar have dissolved. Then slowly let it come to the boil and stir for continuously for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the base and caramel are slightly cool, pour the caramel over the base and place in the fridge to set. Melt the chocolate in bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Then pour the chocolate over the caramel and leave to set and then cut into squares.